Thursday, September 30, 2010

Module 1

Intro: "about me" - Catherine ... Firstly, I'm not a teacher but a School Support Officer Classroom Assistant (modern way of saying a Teacher's Aide) within a vibrant community in Sydney's delightful Inner West.  It's great to be a part of this learning and blogging experience, especially embarking into unknown territory.  It's even better to know that I may be able to translate some of this newly acquired knowledge to my skills base in order to improve my contribution to the school.  Thus far this seems to be a fun way to add to my professional development ... 'mucking around' on the computer and connecting with the world.  However, I will endeavour to persevere, as per the encouragement from hierachy, with complete professionalism.  One thing that is obvious to me in my first year in this job is the love of the Internet by the students in their educational environment ... they can't get enough of it!  And they're so adept, confident and creative - even at the younger age levels.  Google's multi-layered character is amazing.  Discovering there's more to Google than the search engine was enlightening.  I hope to continue to remain in that state as I work through this course.  I appreciate this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment